Powered by Blogger.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Turquoise Mermaid in polymer clay.

This latest sculpt was just completed yesterday. I am not happy with it entirely. The reason is that It came together as a mess and I feel like I flubbed on it. Not to mention I think it sorta looks like Cher. lol. Anyway, I used the marble technique with polymer clay on top of an actual rock, which I don't think I am going to consider doing again. It makes it ridiculously heavy and the clay had micro cracks that needed repair. Her shirt was just a goofy idea I got of Jennifer Lopez on American Idol one night and thought it would be cool to sorta copy in clay. I usually don't give the mermaids a wet effect but sometimes It's appropriate and makes for an interesting effect if there is a small defect you are trying to correct. I also used micro beads to simulate barnacles and pears. Next time I will skip the lip color as it adds a sense of harshness that I didn't intend. But I already has to scrape off the first attempt and it took hours. Anyway, I hoping to sell it.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow me on Instagram!

http://instagram.com/toastedpixie

Blog Archive