Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Fairy Tale Memory Tray Project

On one of my many trips to Hobby Lobby, I spent a great amount of time wishing I could do something interesting with charms that I found in the jewelry isle. Being as that I am not one to wear jewelry that often or make it for that matter, I left the jewelry isle sad and defeated.

I do this often with several isles as I admire the things to use, but have a lack of imagination to use them.

Until one day!

The call of my people, 50% The Paper Studio items. I finally got that cute memory tray that has no purpose really but to display papers and pictures.

On the side, there was a few packs of the Artist Trading Cards that were 50% off as well. "heritage"
I took a cue from the ideas and decided to look again in the jewelry isle. Would you believe that they had the "Fairy Tale" by Bead Treasures for 50% off as well?  

It was meant to be. 
I gathered all the ones I loved the most and I even found a few different ones on the clearance rack. Never forget the clearance rack. 
EVER!

So I picked up a pad of papers I liked that I thought went well with my vision. 
Jodie Lee Designs "Nature Garden" Collection Very pretty romantic designs. 
I love paper like I love a cupcake. 
seriously.
So here is the loot. 

I had a few pieces from different places that I wanted to add such as the wooden cut chandelier, clock pieces, and a necklace I got of a mermaid from the "sparkle girls" booth at the comic con. 
With this project I needed a paper cutter and a bottle of the magic goo.

This was the most time consuming part. Cutting and gluing. 
I used the Artist Trading Cards in the appropriate sized slots. I cut up papers in smaller sizes from the paper pack. 
I waited over night to let it dry. I don't Mod Podge over it.
 Maybe I will later. 
Then the task of cutting out all the charms from the cards. 
it took forever.
The I used 
E6000 Glue to attach the charms to the little divided boxes. 
I didn't have enough. 
I bought more. 
Then I found some keys. 
I still have some spots open. 
This can grow a little as I collect things. 
The theme was Fairy Tales. My favorite symbols of the Fairy Tales I used to read. The charms from this brand are so cute. I couldn't help it. 
This is how it turned out. 
I added a little bling and paint to the chandelier. You can't really see it, but I spritzed a "glimmer mist" on the black keys to add a little extra somethin'.

I love this. It makes me happy. There is so much more you could possibly do with this item. Go get one. The sale is almost over and they have them in white and bigger box slots. 
Go. Hobby Lobby.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow me on Instagram!

http://instagram.com/toastedpixie

Blog Archive