Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Paper Bag photo books.

While I was on vacation in Northern California, I saw these simple but brilliant little crafty paper bag photo books. So simple to make and great for a party favor featuring the birthday kid or just a cute way to say I love you to your sweetie.


You will need: 3 brown paper lunch bags, brads or a ribbon to bind your book, pictures, die cuts, and glue.

Step one: place three paper bags one on top of the other and fold. The flatter the better. I glued some of the superfluous flaps that paper bags have to create a smooth work surface.


Step two: I poked three holes with a tack on the side where the book will be bound and inserted brads to hold. In this case I used pink hands.


Step three: I decorated my book using these cute little die cuts. "the girls paperie" by margie. Bought at Hobby Lobby...on sale this week by the way! I tend to use kits like this because everything matches and makes it that much easier. However, to create my frames, I cut out paper strips with a coordinating scrap paper. I also used vellum quotes to compliment. My beautiful friend, let me use her face as an example in the finished product.



The cool thing about this project is the paper bag, by folding it over, makes extra compartments to add little things for safe keeping, like love notes, dried flowers from the field you had your first kiss, a lock of baby's hair. The ideas are endless! Have fun with this one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow me on Instagram!

http://instagram.com/toastedpixie

Blog Archive