Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 17, 2014

Miniature food from polymer clay.

I have been having fun doing something different.


This one started it all. I gave it to my friend who likes to host cookie parties. 

I started watching videos and I was amazed at all the things you can do with just tiny amounts of clay and simple things all over the house. So I started to make my own food. The scale thing, still confuses me. So don't ask...yet. I'll figure it out. 


I was eating at Cracker Barrel, and my husband always insists on getting jelly. They come in tiny tins that look like pie pans. I took it home and washed it out. I made a crust, put in cherries that I rolled out of red clay added some TLS,  (Translucent Liquid Sculpey)and put a fancy crust on top using a rigid flat blade, used chalks to add a baked color  and baked it for real. I made a magnet out of it. It's too big for a doll house. 
This one was pretty easy. I added a little gloss to the pepperoni to look a tad greasy. 


I made a cake. these look better than the real ones I make. :(
I tried desperately, to add whipped cream. I made the clay soft and added a ton of TLS and tried pushing it through a small frosting tip. It sort of worked. I will go a different route next time. 


For Christmas, 
I made a barrage of food. Some was to resemble what we actually have for Christmas. I made another cake. But used metal ball sprinkles for the top. That was not a good choice as the frosting I made, caused the metal ball coloring to bleed. However the frosting was awesome this time. 

I used white cloud clay and Elmer's glue. I don't have measurements. I just concocted what I thought looked best. If you put it into a bag sealed tight, you can use it later. It's been 2 months and it's still gooey. I got the idea, from a few videos claiming to make homemade Whipple cream? Never heard of the stuff. I guess it's used to make "fake" desserts and some people use a ton of extra ingredients to accomplish fluffy frosting. Like, shaving cream, and baby oil and baby powder. 

For the pumpkin pie, I used another cracker barrel tin, filled it up with clay, but for fun I added allspice and cinnamon so it would smell nice and somewhat authentic. I added chalks for a baked look and added cloud clay on the top for whipped cream. 



Toast and eggs. I actually made a loaf of bread of out clay and cut slices to make toast. I added texture. The eggs need work. black and white embossing powder for salt and pepper. The butter is a mixture translucent white clay and yellow Polyclay. The interesting thing about this, is that these are baked with an embossing gun rather than a traditional oven. it's quicker for small things and less energy. Of course safety measures need to be taken to handle the task. I use a large bottle cap and a oven mitt and a ventilated area. I can show the process at a later date through a video. 
I wish I got a better picture of the small items here, but I didn't because some days, I am not that bright. here, I made a ham sandwich. Again I used my embossing tool to bake.

My baked potato. 
I will have a tutorial on this someday. It was pretty easy, and it looks like it took forever. 

Until later, 

Maybe someone, someday will actually read this blog. 






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow me on Instagram!

http://instagram.com/toastedpixie

Blog Archive