Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Miliefiore mermaid finished.

Finished another mermaid. This one was more difficult personally. However, It is not my favorite and I am disappointed with it. Her tail is a milifiore technique and I am not sure it translated well on the tail. I had her face painted twice now and again I scraped it all off for the third time. I am waiting for her paint to dry.

I am interesting in learning about heat set paints. I went to hobby lobby to do some research on products and  they happen to have heat set paints but only for a kit called reborn babies. It only came in three colors and it didn't seem worth it. I am sticking with my acrylics for now.

Whilst doing this sculpture I have been reading up on acrylic painting and feel like a complete idiot. Many years ago, I got my first acrylic set and never liked the paintings I did because the acrylic didn't seem to work on the canvas and it was so frustrating. Thinking paint can just go on a canvas no problem was a dumb thing to think. I graduated to oil painting because it was slicker and I liked the results. I learned that it requires extra materials like the stuff (forget the name of it) that goes on first to keep the paint nice and smooth and wet for weeks. I swore of acrylics because I was THAT dumb. So I looked into what gesso was and mediums and such and apparently, it's a whole new world. So I want to experiment and see what I can do. A painting that dries the first day rather than two months from now would be nice.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow me on Instagram!

http://instagram.com/toastedpixie

Blog Archive