Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 8, 2013

Art store Haul For July!

I thought I would share some things I got recently at the art store that are amazing products and fun to mess with. I am also going to share a few tools that I rely so heavily on that if I don't have them, I can't do what I do.

First off, I got this at Michael's. I really didn't know what it was but I wanted to try it purely for the color that it claims it can do. It's a spray mist that you can use to color paper, objects, wood etc. It leaves behind a super fine glittery magical finish that was true to what it offers. It spattered a bit at first but then it worked like a champ. I used it on these heavy cardboard scrapbook pieces and let it dry over night! Amazeballs! seriously. It's "tattered angels: Glimmer Mist in Rouge you can check it out here: mytatteredangels.com



The next thing is: Inca Gold Metallic Rub. 
I avoided this a few times, but this time I caved. I brought it home and stuck my finger in it and holy cow it's got some serious power and color payoff. I intend to use it for wood bases but It has so many uses it's crazy. It came in a red, green, gold, and a silver. This blue seemed to scream at me. I am getting a red one next time. Plus there is barely an odor. Which I appreciate. I don't have a picture of an example here, but trust me. It does the job. 

Everyone loves Glow in the dark. Now let's make some glow in the dark stuff! I am going to make some monsters ink magnets that glow. 

Next is this liquid polyclay. It's some crazy stuff here. I had to watch a lot of you tube videos to see what I can do with this. I made fairy wings. It was hard and took me a few tries, but I finally made some I can use. I love how it looks but as I have stored them after firing, they got a little oily. Not sure what to do about that. Probably some mica powder but still a fun tool for making things like wings and such. 

Lastly, are these tools. A craft knife, a poker, and an extruder. These three things have been a lifesaver when it comes to my clay projects. I haven't used a craft knife in all these years. What a difference in having one makes. Seriously. From scratching off dust and making small incisions and helping to make fingers, it's a must have or else kind of tool. The poker, as I call it wasn't meant for clay. it was a scrapbook tool. The tiny balls at the end of the stick are useful for making indents, and sculpting and poking where you need a poke without the use of something sharp. it's also great for painting if you need tiny dots such as your toes with your manicure. The extruder is what I use to make the hair. However it's hard to use and so I have a very large manly tool I use to help but it works. I broke mine last week and I had to buy a new one. Thankfully, it seems as if the disks inside are made a bit stronger. 

Most of this was bought at Michael's except for the polyclay. That I bought at Hobby Lobby. 
Have a good one!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow me on Instagram!

http://instagram.com/toastedpixie

Blog Archive