Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Yet again it's been a while since I posted last. Pinterest has gotten the best of me. Although I am giving it a rest. It makes me want to try things I don't have time for. Instead, something else got my attention and I have been wanting to resurrect my old stand by in drawing. I got tons of new art pencils and got really excited about Pan Pastels but found they had been around forever and I haven't gotten to try my new pencils out much. However I did a drawing of my husband's late grandfather and I hope to finish it soon.

So, the reason I haven't gotten to indulge in my pencils are I got a request to sculpt again. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go there again as it was hard and I made money, but a lot more went into them then came out. So, just for fun I did one and named it after his daughter and it turned out pretty well. I realize I need to improve my game in this department so I have been studying videos and books and using new materials.


Here is what resulted. It's all done in polymer clay with a wooden base.



I am not going to explore armatures, other creatures, people and improve the faces and of course try to improve my tool collection. Apparently, it's seriously lacking. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow me on Instagram!

http://instagram.com/toastedpixie

Blog Archive