Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fairy..coming along


Had to change the title of blog, as it was "naked farie" before. Apparently, there is a lot of pervs out there....anyway..... moving on.

  So after 4 nights of about 3 hour increments, doing hands over and over and over. I questioned why it was posed the way it was and had to scrape off her hands yet again. I am getting used to sculpting hands but still sucking. Hands I swear are the hardest things to sculpt, draw, paint, etc. However she will have a purpose holding her hands like that. I really need to take a class on how to sculpt hands or everything I make is going to wear oven mitts I swear!

  I've decided she will wear boots as I can't get her toes right and I got a hair line fracture in her knee. Something I never dealt with making mermaids.

 I sanded it down, using sanding sticks which are pretty cool.  I had to get special sand paper and look around for acetone as it seems to clear the marks made by my sandpaper. I used my nail polish remover. I am not sure if that was a no no but it seemed to have worked. I for once have a dust free sculpt. Anyone who has ever worked with clay like this knows how that is annoying especially here in the dust bowl.

 Parts of her are still rough, but instead of making myself crazy and risking more fractures, she will be covered with clay clothes. So, it's hanging out on her cup and the fun part begins tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow me on Instagram!

http://instagram.com/toastedpixie

Blog Archive