Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

August Haul (what I bought this month)

Not a whole lot makes me happier than to spend time in a hobby/craft store. Especially when I have money. That wasn't always the case. I have a good stock of materials in my closet, some I am sorry to say hasn't been touched yet. I vow to get to it. I promise. However, I keep an eye on things I want and sometimes they are just too pricey and I can't see myself using it all the time. When they are on clearance, it's a different story. I found this on clearance and I about died when I saw it.




PEBBLES Cream Chalks: At hobby lobby in the clearance section. I have only actually seen it being used on a scrapbook show a year or two ago.
 It was marked as 4 dollars and some change.  It wasn't all that expensive to begin with but I have to see a need before I can justify. It looks like a makeup compact and comes with a handy little tool that grips a reusable pom pom. Meant for scrap booking, coloring in stamped images, light coloring on pictures, adds color to drawings. Super cute and fun to play with. This isn't chalky, it's more like a cream that has a metallic sheen. Very well could be used for makeup. in fact, I am using it for makeup on my mermaids. I am very excited to use it.

The two paint canisters are "paint creme" used for stencils on walls. But again, with the makeup type usage. It's nice and stiff paint that I am using for makeup for my mermaids as well. believe it or not, I got it at goodwill. Never opened and a dollar for both. I haven't found much use for it elsewhere. no big deal.

The clay, because I am a clay girl and I need more of it. especially when it's on sale.

I love glitter. Glitter is lovely, and yes, Martha Stewart line is worth the money and of course it's so pretty! Her glitter is uber fine and goes a long way. You always need glitter if not just to look nice on a shelf. All my glitters are on display on the wall and it makes me happy.

The brush was something I picked up, because I am actually going to use it for makeup for me. I mean why not? I got the idea from a makeup tutorial. It's brilliant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow me on Instagram!

http://instagram.com/toastedpixie

Blog Archive